[Accepted] - mcmeiler Staff Application

Game Administrator

BYOND Username: mcmeiler

[Accepted] - mcmeiler Staff Application

Post by mc_meiler » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:30 am

What is your ckey(s)? (Alternates included)

mcmeiler

What is your Discord account?

mc_meiler#8054

Do you have any experience playing on other SS13 servers?

~100h /tg/, ~1300h Beestation, many others I can't be asked to list. /tg/ estimate is probably a little inaccurate but I can't be asked to connect to find out, either.

Do you have any previous administrative experience? (In, or out of SS13)

Former Head Admin for Beestation. Total admin time there is around 6-7 months, if I recall.

Why are you interested in administrating for Daedalus?

Starting to get bored of my hiatus, both from the game and administration, as I genuinely enjoyed both, and my schedule is starting to lighten a little again.

Do you believe that you would be a good admin? Why?

Think I'd do well enough, given the fact I have some experience with adminbus, events and the likes in the past.

What purpose does the staff team preform for the players?

A staff team keeps the game enjoyable for the players - whether that be through removal of troublemakers, or through making the game more entertaining via usage of "administrative" tools.

Is there anything you want to change, for any reason, within the community?

Not really. If I wanted things to drastically change, I probably wouldn't apply to begin with.

What is your favorite memory from your time playing here?

(these are the only ones I have from the fun round of the (at this time) last playtest)

Not everyone bwoinks forever. What reasons could you see yourself not wanting to admin anymore?
Do you think you could know when you've had enough and call it?

When things come to meet, I know what my priorities are. I've called it before on Beestation due to time constraints IRL, as I was presented with a choice of either keeping my Head Admin position or focusing on my education.
This post was created courtesy of me, mc 'The Slime Guy' meiler

BYOND Username: gonenoculer5

Re: mcmeiler Staff Application

Post by gonenoculer5 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:17 pm

I have to admit seeing your application makes me happy. Your history certainly preceeds you, Meiler, being a prior head admin, I really don't have any kind of a reason to decline you. You've months of experience in staffing, and years in the game, likely more than I am presently aware of, even rivalling my own time.

I am happy that you chose Daedalus as the place you'd feel comfortable ending your hiatus after leaving Beestation, but I politely ask you take it easy until your sure you can make it work.

I have to admit your answer to the question regarding what the staff team done is plenty satisfactory. Removing bad actors isn't the entire job, and your answer reflects that. Our goal is to make the game as interesting as possible, through the tools the game gives us, whilst not being invasive.

Should any of the other heads not have any complaints, and the community has nothing to say against you, you are welcome to join the staff team starting the 20th, alongside Mani. Anyone may comment and vouch in favor or against the applicant, until then.